cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote will not turn on Sharp Aquos TV.

KeithHennessey
On our wavelength

The remote works in all other ways but it will not turn on the TV so we have to use the TV remote control before the virgin remote. I have spent hours trying all the Virgin help codes to no avail. Is anyone at Virgin interested?

Regards Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi KeithHennessey, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Have you been able to successfully pair the remote with your TV following the advice from Martin and newapollo?

If not please let us know and we will be happy to assist further 🙂 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KeithHennessey,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any difficulty you're having setting up your remote. 

If you haven't yet I would advise checking out this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote

It can help with this. 

^Martin

Hello Martin

Did you read my email?   

ALL buttons work fine except the on/off, volume up/ do and mute buttons. I have spent time trying all the  numbers publish by you 0n your site but none work!

Regards

Keith

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Keith,

Sorry to see you are still having problems with the remote. Martin sent the correct link to help, but sadly the VM page is going round in circles and not moving forward.

Please try and follow the instructions here,  tv-remote/not-working-v6/set-up  I've checked and that link works.

You can also try the following:- Click on Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote.   Follow the instructions and  it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK.

EDIT

You can also download the TV Control app which works as a replacement remote (sorry it's not the answer you are looking for) tvgo-tvcontrol 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi KeithHennessey, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Have you been able to successfully pair the remote with your TV following the advice from Martin and newapollo?

If not please let us know and we will be happy to assist further 🙂 

Nat

I went through all the suggested methods until eventually the last remedy suggested was a new remote, which I received today, paired it and went through the whole numbers routine, until I cane to clear. tv, 0999, pressed the channel up button every 2 seconds for a considerable time - until one of the key presses worked and now I can turn off the TV, increase the volume etc. etc. What a feeling of success, thank you Virgin it worked. 

Yes it worked the new remote did the trick.
Kindest Regards
Keith

That's great to hear. 

Thank you for letting us know and your patience with this matter. 

Take care 

Nat

Hello Keith, I'm in the exact same situation only tried the 0999 trick pushed the channel up button for ages TV didn't turn off. By any chance do you know the actual code that worked.  I've asked UMC who have said virgin won't give them the code to publish. Sky give them codes for all Sharp TVs.

Also what difference has the new remote you got, does it have an actual infra red lense?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AMCG 

Have you tried the following codes?

SHARP 0007 0018 0044 0094 0154 0170 0190 0308 0320 0362 0631 0675

Info from Downloads TV Remote Code List 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali