Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 91 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not responding

This is NOT an isolated its also not a fault that justifies getting "senior tech managers" invoved for a simple faulty remote that needs replacing

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Sweeneytoddy
On our wavelength
Message 92 of 98
Flag for a moderator

If you care to read other comments, most of us have had replacement remotes, several of them.It’s a software fault. Virginmedia have already looked into it. Any way unless you have this problem, it has nothing to do with you. End of story.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 93 of 98
Flag for a moderator

same software... no problem

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Sweeneytoddy
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 98
Flag for a moderator

From Collette forum team on page 1 of thread:

“This is still an ongoing issue and can be intermittent.  What you have already done is the current work around until we do fix the issue fully.  Currently we're awaiting an update in regards to an estimated fix time.  As soon as we know more, we shall let you know.  Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Forum team admitting there was a credible software issue in 2017. No update was issued by virginmedia on forum as stated would be in due course, Issue still exists. End of story! 

0 Kudos
jw1949
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Why is this person - apcyberax - designated a "Super User" - I would classify this as, at best, an unhelpful comment and at worst, effectively it is an abusive comment.  Please deal with this asap.

jw1949
On our wavelength
Message 96 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Well done - sweeneytoddy - you control your anger much better that I do. 

This is a known, admitted software issue which has been apparent for more than 2 years.  It is not acceptable in any industry - more especially a customer-facing industry such as VM - that there is no commitment whatsoever from the supplier to correcting this fault.  I reiterate that I pay more than £1200 per annum for VM services and expect much better service than I am receiving.

Sweeneytoddy
On our wavelength
Message 97 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Hey thanks jw1949

It’s good to see a helpful comment as opposed to the so called ‘superuser’.

I don’t understand why keyboard warriors want to waste their time, other than to waste ours! It’s a shame.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 98
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi All, 

Thank for your post on the community although I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 remote. 

I have checked with our support team and can confirm there are not any on going, general issues that will affect a remote controls functionality, however this could be caused by a host of individual issues.

A correctly configured V6 remote should  operate on Bluetooth when it has been paired to the V6 box, however if it hasn’t been paired it will operate via Infra Red. There are a host of different household devices that could interfere with a remote functioning correctly, such as other Bluetooth enabled device and even low energy light bulbs. 

If you are having issues with your remote please try to pair this remote again by going through the following steps;

1. Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing.

2. Press and hold the Info button for 7 seconds until the light at the top of the remote goes solid green then flashes green twice.

If after this you are still having issues, please give our team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 who will be able to look into this further. We are unable to look into this further, or arrange for new remotes over this community forum. 

This thread will now be closed to any further replies.

Thanks

Mod Team

0 Kudos