cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote finder and spare box

Zicomartin
Tuning in

Just had a new v6 box delivered after my tivo finally packed in and was quite excited that in the instructions it advises that by pressing a button on the box it will make the remote beep, hence will never be lost again!  However this doesn't appear to work, is there any setting up required to activate this facility?

Also im error virgin have duplicated my request and so I actually have 2 v6 boxes, is it worth me hanging on to it or should I just ring them to arrange it being returned? 

Cheers in advance 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi you should make arrangements for the 2nd box to be returned as they may charge for the 2nd box. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you paired the remote first, before trying to locate it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Perhaps I haven't, it works well and changes the volume on my TV so thought it was sorted, ill check now

Yes sorted now cheers guys. Struggling to get in touch with Virgin regarding the duplicate v6 box they delivered, they can hardly charge me for it as its their fault surely?

Can't I mean. They can't charge for me for the second box surely? I don't really want it or need it but am interested to know if I can put it to some use if they don't ask for it back!

Hi the only way it will be of use is if it is registered to your account and connected with a coaxial cable in another location in your property, I believe virgin charge £7. 50 a month for a second box, but I have read on here that virgin are not undertaking non essential work but just urgent repairs at the moment, so that would rule out a second box install. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LittleMick73 wrote:
I have read on here that virgin are not undertaking non essential work but just urgent repairs at the moment, so that would rule out a second box install. Regards Micky

For new installs, VM are generally sticking to one initial box but not additional ones.

Existing customers adding second boxes may be ok - but it depends on your circumstances. You'll need to call in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks