cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote doesn’t work in tv menu but does in other things

Juno8
Just joined

So I think this is the right place, our tv remote doesn’t work when using it in the menu’s. Like trying to change channels or put something on is an absolute nightmare. 

But, when I eventually manage to access something else, such as Netflix, it works perfect. Tried changing batteries, tried reconnecting the remote, hasn’t helped. It’s done this on and off basically since we’ve had it, it’s in the bedroom so not used all the time but it’s still unbelievably annoying. 

Any help? 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Juno8,

If the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start.

My remote sometimes freezes and I find giving it a quick wiggle or couple of shakes gets it working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to check, which box do you have?

Is it a 360 or a V6? Check here if you're not sure. Also a V6 will have "TiVo" next to the video preview window in the top-right

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Juno8,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your remote. Can you clarify if it's the remote that came with the box? If it is, have you tried the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote

It can also order replacement remotes for you.

Cheers,

Corey C