cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control issue

chrisgal
Tuning in

Hi, I had a faulty V6 box replaced recently, the engineer took away my old v6 remote control and left me a new 360 remote control. The problem I have is I have not been upgraded to 360 so this remote control only functions with the v6 box and not the TV. I spoke to a virgin rep on 28th December and told them the problem but I don't think they understood me. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi chrisgal, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. 

I have gone in to the account now and arranged for a free replacement V6 remote to be sent to you. You should receive this in the next 5 working days. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care and have a great weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisgal 

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the speedy reply Dave, I tried to order a new remote but the website says I have had a new one in the last 12 months, I haven't, is there a way to upgrade to 360 as I have the remote control. This seems more cost efficient than issueing another remote. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @chrisgal 

If you wait for a day or two a member of the Forum Team may be able to pick this up for you and order the correct V6 remote for free.

You can upgrade to the 360 here  > https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/virgin-tv-360/upgrade 

However depending on your current contract and end date you may be able to negotiate a new deal via Retentions and add the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD  add on  if you haven't already got it at the same time.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bump

Hi chrisgal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear the engineer left the wrong remote for you. 

We can get a replacement ordered for you but if you're thinking of upgrading to the 360 service, it may be worth checking your options on this with the team first. We're not able to help with package changes so give the team a call on 0345 454 1111. They can go through the options available to you. 

If you would rather stick with what you have then I have sent you a private message to confirm some details to order the new remote. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi chrisgal, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. 

I have gone in to the account now and arranged for a free replacement V6 remote to be sent to you. You should receive this in the next 5 working days. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care and have a great weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you very much