cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control app not working

paul243
On our wavelength

I've installed the app, I can see "my shows"  etc but selecting "remote control" brings up message "can't find network." tried all suggested fixes, box off etc but no joy 

Fix please?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reading between the lines of your symptoms, I'd guess you have a V6 - can you confirm? Check here if you're not sure.

I also presume you're using the TV Control app, but can you confirm?

You've not said what "all the suggested fixes" are, so can you be a bit more specific on what you've tried so far?

On the assumption you do have a V6 and this is TV Control - are both devices on the same network as each other, connected to the same router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paul243
On our wavelength

It's an older Tivo not V6 

I've repeated re boot on box, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, turned everything back on and it works. So none the wiser!

Thanks for your help.

Hi @paul243,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with our TV control app.

Just to confirm, as mentioned by @japitts, are both devices connected to the same network? Also, is your Tivo connected by ethernet cable? As to use Virgin TV Control with a TiVo box, you’ll need to connect your TiVo to your Hub. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-control-as-a-remote

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

paul243
On our wavelength

Many thanks, see previous post-now working fine!