cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Broken - cant order replacement online

EnderXi
On our wavelength

Cant seem to order a new remote control through the website anymore link is broken and directs you to a "oops somethings broken" page when you go through the help steps.

Some of the buttons on the remote dont work anymore, anyone know how to get a replacement remote?

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi EnderXi,

Have you tried using a different browser? I often have problems using Chrome but find that both Firefox and Edge browsers work OK.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EnderXi,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the issues you've had with ordering a replacement remote via our website. 

I have located your account and it does look like you've been able to get this resolved. 

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance. 

^Martin

stevemcc
Joining in

I have tried both Chrome and Edge to order a new remote as per this thread and get the same problem. ref url: Order new remote - My Virgin Media

stevemcc_0-1637578955922.png

and this is the result in both chrome and edge when I select "Order new remote":

stevemcc_0-1637580187510.png

yes same here. oops broken page. not just you. 

Hi jamesofmerton,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been unable to order a new remote yourself.

I've popped you over a private message so I can help with this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Done thanks Alex.

Hi jamesofmerton,

Thanks for popping your details over via private message 🙂

A new remote is on it's way to you, should be with you within 3-5 days.

Alex_Rm

Hi Virgin Media Team - can i draw your attention to my post as well on this thread 🙂 Looking for a new remote...

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry we missed your post @stevemcc. I'll get in touch via PM so we can help get this sorted for you.

Tom