cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating TV - need cable extension

Chris_a_a
Joining in

I’m relocating my TV in my lounge and need to extend the existing Virgin cable for TV and internet. Does this require a call to VM and an engineer or can extension cables be purchased and installed by an electrician?

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris_a_a,

You will need an engineer from VM to install the cable wiring extension.

If you try and do it yourself you could upset the signals, not just for your own property but also other users connected to the same cabinet.

There is a £99 charge for a non fault callout.

Due to covid restrictions VM aren't currently attending to non fault work. Hopefully this will change in the next couple of weeks. 

For latest updates keep checking <<< coronavirus-update page >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add... Virgin's cabling forms part of VM's network and should only be managed, installed & maintained by VM themselves.

You will need to wait until VM are undertaking non-fault visits - and pay the £99 non-fault callout charge that's been mentioned. As to how long that will be, I'm afraid there is no timescale.

As an alternative interim, how far away from your current coax point will your TV be? Will a longer HDMI cable be an option?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks