cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red button missing on bbc1 HD

Mrsploppy
Joining in

The  red button is missing on BBC1 HD channel 101. It is most annoying as I used to use it to “watch current programme from start”. It is there on BBC2 3 & 4. Can anyone help please?

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens if you press red anyway? It can often work, even if the prompt isn't there.

Your V6 has 6 recording tuners continually buffering the previous hour, and if one of those is on BBC1-HD, you can simply press rewind on your remote to go back.

If you know you'll want to watch a particular programme, then recording it will always be the better option - and you can watch a recording live if you want to. It's just a very good way of having the programme you want, on your box's hard drive.

Alternatively, if you load the iPlayer app from Home > CatchUp> Channels > BBC iPlayer > Channels > BBC1, you can "watch from start" that way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nothing happens if you press the red button. I know the work arounds, but I just want it to work properly as it should and used to. 🤷🏼

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Works for me here in the London region.

The only issue that might stop this is the result of BBC1HD now being regional in England. I know with the SD channel you could not use the Red Button to rewind any locally inserted material, such as the London news or Sunday Politics. Never tried it with the HD version yet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ozsat
Superstar

Which region are you in? Have you tried restarting the V6?

@Mrsploppy wrote:

The  red button is missing on BBC1 HD channel 101. It is most annoying as I used to use it to “watch current programme from start”. It is there on BBC2 3 & 4. Can anyone help please?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi, thanks for the reply we are in the south west. I have tried rebooting, also had a second box installed last week and it’s the same. 🤷🏼

Anyone in South West have same issue?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It wasn't working in West Region for me earlier, hence the recommendation to use workarounds or record.

At a guess it's only Exeter or Plymouth that VM service in the South West BBC region.

Hi, I’m in Bristol where it isn’t working. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

It wasn't working in West Region for me earlier, hence the recommendation to use workarounds or record.

At a guess it's only Exeter or Plymouth that VM service in the South West BBC region.

Exeter, Torbay & Plymouth run from Newton Abbot, which is the old Bell Cablemedia South West franchise.

A little bit of nostalgia:

https://business.netcom.co.uk/bcm/Default.html 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993