cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings distorted

Jamiedownes
Joining in

Can anyone help with all my recordings being distorted and breaking up, both picture and sound.

watching live tv works fine.

tried online chat but got fed up after an hour.

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you pause or rewind live TV, does the same thiing happen? This is effectively a recording and also uses your V6's hard drive.

If this also plays up, then you've likely got a hard drive fault which can't be repaired, could eventually fail outright, and will mean your box needs replacing.

You can either call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait on here (might be a couple of days) for staff to respond and do the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jamiedownes,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your recordings! I can understand that this must be quite frustrating. I'm more than happy to help.

Can you tell us if the advise provided by @japitts has helped? How has your recordings been since this post?

Please take a look at our TV Faults page to see what you can do to resolve this issue. 

Keep us updated on this if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes it’s still scrambled/ distorted when I pause and restart watching.

tried phoning again but on hold for hours

Can a new box be ordered via here?

Hi @Jamiedownes thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV service and recordings.  I have located your account and am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Jamiedownes

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes great thank you. Engineer came yesterday, new box and tuned signal out on road. Thank you