cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings cut short

Pell22222
Joining in

Does anybody else have issues with recordings cut short? 
not even live events, pre recorded shows and the recoding just goes off. Never had an issue with any other providers recordings. I even changed the settings to start recording at the the time of the show and extended how long after it records for but almost everytime the show is cut short and recording stopped before it has ended

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a manual recording, a single recording set from the EPG, or a series link?

Are you saying that the recording doesn't cover the scheduled length of the programme?

If you press "play" during the programme, does the red progress bar match the expected length of the recording - i.e. the programme plus any +/- padding?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No. It records all the way through, but cuts the last 5/10 mins off, it’s done it on single recordings and series links.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm confused as to how it can record all the way through but cut the final x minutes off - can you explain what you mean please?

Does the red progress bar - if you press "play" during the playback of the programme - show the expected length of the recording? Or is there some unfilled red at the end?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

This is what I’m asking? It literally cuts off end of recording no more red bar. This is why I’m confused. I don’t know why it doesn’t record in full

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps I'm not explaining this very well.

On a completed recording, the red-progress bar should fill the length of the pop-up and on the RHS, indicate the duration of the recording. If any of the programme has been missed, the red isn't filled in and should be transparent. Try deliberately stopping a recording partway through and compare.

Maybe it's worth you & I both setting a sample recording and posting photos of the progress bar on this thread, to compare. You choose....

I understand what you mean, but the recording just stops there’s no bar etc because the recording has completely stopped as if the programme has ended but it hasn’t

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once the recording has finished, I agree the bar is wiped - but it's there at any point prior to that. Perhaps try pressing "play" for the progress bar a minute or so after starting to watch the recording. It will appear... what do you see?

The offer to set a future recording and compare the bar, is there. I'm certain the answer to your conundrum will be found in what the progress bar shows.

Thank you for your help. I’m sure this won’t be resolved as the bar goes to the end of the programme scheduled to finish but the programme isn’t finished. I’ll just have to deal with it or try to watch at the time it’s on or watch on something else. It’s like the EPG guide hasn’t allocated enough time for the show if you get me

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pell22222 wrote:

the bar goes to the end of the programme scheduled to finish but the programme isn’t finished

This would suggest the programme finished later than the scheduled time, which can be resolved by adding padding.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Recordings.

Otherwise a comparison of a working example will be the best way to resolve this.