Back to square one!

0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 22 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording to DVD from V6 box

Hi KenF,
Could I trouble you to instruct step-by-step please? Your advice sounds like what I'm looking for. So long as I can view/record the content from V6 box to DVD recorder I'll be well chuffed. Appreciate your assistance & thanks in advance buddy.
0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 23 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi buddy. To clarify: the hdmi to scart converter device is (ebay/amazon) small black box? You advised to connect the converter power lead to Virgin V6 box? Is this right? Would V6 box own power lead not suffice? Look forward to hearing from you shortly. Cheers.
0 Kudos
KenF
Tuning in
Message 24 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Yes, the HDMI to scart converter is a small black box - the HDMI lead from the V6 goes in one end of it "in", and the scart goes from the other end "out" to the DVD recorder. Make sure you get the HDMI to scart, not vice versa, converter.The small power lead that comes with the converter runs from that device into the jack socket at the back of the V6 box, and the converter lights up with a small red light when so connected (it needs the extra bit of power to convert the signal as I understand it, although admittedly I haven't tried it without the power lead).

Hope this helps. Come back if you need anything more. Cheers.

Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 25 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thanks KenF for replying. Very much appreciate the advice. I will get recorder & V6 connected & working (if its the last thing i do!). With your kind assistance I feel more "confident" we're getting there! Sorry mate, but as the converter & Virgin v6 have own individual power supplies/leads therefore how can/will converter connect to v6 box (you mentioned red light)? Or did I misread your message? Cheers.
0 Kudos
KenF
Tuning in
Message 26 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

It's only a low power lead, the jack end of it goes in the converter, and the USB end goes into the slot at the back of the V6 box. Sorry if that was not clear in my earlier post. It runs about 5 volts power from the V6 to the converter, enough to convert the signal and illuminate the red light. Cheers.

Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 27 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thanks buddy. Makes more sense now cheers. Ive ordered the black hdmi to scart convert box from eBay. I didnt know connecting usb to back of V6 box & power jack to converter was part of the recording process.Will usb lead be included in the box? Appreciate the advice KenF. So it definitely works (record v6 box content to recorder) then yes?
0 Kudos
KenF
Tuning in
Message 28 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Hopefully you should get the jack/USB lead with the converter, it certainly came with mine and was detailed in the picture shown, and description given, on Amazon. Yes, my DVD recordings using the converter are pretty good - I try to record the programmes I want from an HD channel on the V6, and then once recorded on DVD, to play the DVD back via the HDMI lead from my DVD recorder to the TV.

Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 29 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi bud. Hope the order package includes it too. This is my intention too. Record then reconnect hdmi back to tv. Sky plus easy straight forward. Record contents directly to recorder via scart. Will let you know how I get on once received & tried. Cheers again buddy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 30 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Sam2018 wrote:
Hi bud. Hope the order package includes it too. This is my intention too. Record then reconnect hdmi back to tv. Sky plus easy straight forward. Record contents directly to recorder via scart. Will let you know how I get on once received & tried. Cheers again buddy.

Sky+ and V+ yes

SkyQ and V6 no

0 Kudos