Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 31 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording to DVD from V6 box

@Sam2018 wrote:
Hi bud. Hope the order package includes it too. This is my intention too. Record then reconnect hdmi back to tv. Sky plus easy straight forward. Record contents directly to recorder via scart. Will let you know how I get on once received & tried. Cheers again buddy.

Sky+ boxes, like with Virgins V+HD boxes are destined for the scrap heap in the near future. Sky now install SkyQ boxes as standard (which is their V6 equivalent), & these also don't have analogue outputs. So you would have to the same situation with SkyQ box that you have with the V6. Its called progress.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 32 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hdmi splitter doesnt work cuz when signal split it is interrupted. I tried with v6 connected to dvd recorder as well as 2 tvs.Neither device picked it. Signal lost by "splitting". Unless someone advises otherwise.
0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 33 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi buddy. Having preciiusly purchased a HD converter (white) I thought to give it a try (other hdmi to scart converter not received yet). See if V6 picture can be received on dvd recorder. HD converter has HD slot, vga & mains power slot at rear. Connected vga to scart on recorder (recorder already connected to tv). Converter plugged into mains, but recorder not showing v6 content. Screen blank. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
KenF
Tuning in
Message 34 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I take it your current white converter is HDMI to VGA? Should work the same as an HDMI to scart one. Is your DVD recorder on the correct input setting for the VGA lead? Try the "AV" button on your DVD remote. Presumably your TV is on the correct input/source to receive the scart signal back form the DVD recorder? Can't think of anything else to suggest, sorry. You might have more luck with the HDMI to scart converter when received.

0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 35 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi buddy. I bought the hdmi out to vga in cuz have a vga/scart device. Will give it another try during weekend. Will update you. Cheers for replying.
0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 36 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi KenF. Just to advise. I used the same ports used to connect Sky scart to dvd recorder (this works perfect) i e: vga & HDMI out from HD converter box connecting the other end 3 phono/rca leads to the scart adaptor to the dvd recorder, replacing where 3 phono/rca leads were. Regrettably, despite trying recorder's AV1 in, AV2 in/out & AV3 in the v6 contents failed to appear on screen. I really thought this would work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to use the hdmi to scart converter device when received. If you have an email I can email you the images how connected. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Sam2018
Tuning in
Message 37 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Tuning

Hi KenF mate. Ive tried using the device WITHOUT usb power lead (just connecting hdmi to device out & scart in. It didn't work: "no signal" black screen message. Power the device via usb again & bingo!! If you know or someone who knows re rear connections of Sky Q box please advise. I'd like to know how Sky Q can be connected to DVD recorder too.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
sportsvcd
Joining in
Message 38 of 46
Flag for a moderator

in the process of buying this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R3EAN31IDIJ56V/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_btm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0...
of course i now need to get a hdmi to scart cable to complete the process of getting my v6 hooked up the dvd recorder

0 Kudos
sportsvcd
Joining in
Message 39 of 46
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sportsvcd
Joining in
Message 40 of 46
Flag for a moderator

quick update, bought it yesterday which then came today, it works with my dvd recorder

roll on world cup (recorded every world cup since 94 wont be stopping now)
0 Kudos