cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording are pixelated and slow in changing channel

jtfab75
On our wavelength

One of our V6 boxes is having problems with pixelation on recordings , especially with Emmerdale and Neighbours, the pictures break up and jump scenes.

Both V6 boxes are having problems changing channel. You change a channel and the sound comes on before the picture, it takes about 3 seconds for the picture appears.

any help would be great .thanks

16 REPLIES 16

jtfab75
On our wavelength

All working ok just a green screen appeared when updating the media services but seems ok.

thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did this green screen have a message on it? Or was it just a green-tinted screen? If the latter - that's often an HDMI problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jtfab75
On our wavelength

When it got to the media service updating screen it did its checks then when it just started the final stage of down loading it was on about 2% then the screen went blank with a green screen for a few seconds then the uploading screen appeared with the upload ok with a green screen.

jtfab75
On our wavelength

C76F13E8-24B9-47CF-B429-CD67B265FE73.jpeg

Hi jtfab75,

Thanks for posting on our community. Sorry to hear you've had issues with pixalating on your recordings. I can see that you have already been given some amazing advice from our valued community member @japitts

Looking at the picture you have uploaded did everything finish updating on the V6 since you last post? How have your services been since you last posted? Are you still experiencing the same issues?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's indicative of an HDMI fault. Either the box's output, the HDMI lead, or the TV input. Are you able to prove the lead & TV port by swapping for known working ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jtfab75
On our wavelength

The update finished ok, everything looks fine.