Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording Hiccup - Power Lost

Several times since I got my V6 box, programmes have not been recorded, and when I look under Recording Hiccups, it says Power Lost... even though there has been no power cut.

The last time this happened was last Friday, 13th, when the BBC1-HD Six O-Clock News failed to record.

Can someone from Virgin please take a look and tell me if I need an engineer's visit to sort this out. Thanks.

Shahbaz785
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording Hiccup - Power Lost

Same thing happens to me, literally made an account just to comment. Called customer service the guy basically told me not to turn the box off. Then he said turn it off at night. Told me to check cables are plugged in correctly. This was obviously the first thing I done. Joined 2 months ago and honestly feel like im being treated as scum because I'm locked in for a year.

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Engineer told me that it was due to a worn connection in the outside cox in the street. I haven't had any failed recordings since he replaced it, but as it's only been about three weeks, it's probably too early to say for sure that it has completely cured it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shahbaz785,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your recordings.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your input signal levels. I'd like to send a technician to check it out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos