cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording BBC1 Wales HD instead of BBC 101 Region HD

G4DDS
Well-informed

I just noticed my Would I Lie To You all series link for some reason has started to record channel 864 which is BBC 1 Wales HD instead of BBC1 West Midlands HD (on 101).

I'm pretty certain it only started this week although it could have done it since 101 went HD. I know it definitely used to record channel 108 (BBC1 England HD) before the changes happened.

Anyone know how to fix it without forcing a series link to become channel specific?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5
2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

I can only speak from a 360 perspective but 108 is now BBC 4, BBC 1 HD is on 101, we had message's to reset series links because the 360 doesn't support all channel series links they are specific to the channel they are set on.

Also you might not have seen this post it may or may not have something to do with recording on 864 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Series-links-for-BBC-national-regions-861-865/td-...

You might have to reset your series link.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@G4DDS wrote:

I just noticed my Would I Lie To You all series link for some reason has started to record channel 864 which is BBC 1 Wales HD instead of BBC1 West Midlands HD

If you're using a V6, this is a side-effect of "all channel" series links.

Both channels are effectively the same so it makes no functional difference.

If you specifically want to record Ch101 then you'll need to change your V6 SL from "all channels" to "Ch101 only"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks