cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded shows don't appear under 'My Shows' until hours after?

Namaja59
Joining in

Hey all,

Bit of a strange one, the past couple of days we have noticed some strange issues with the Virgin box, I record the ITV soaps Emmerdale and Coronation Street to watch when I'm back from work. 

On tuesday when I came back it wasn't under my shows, so had to watch it on catch up, which is fine apart from you don't get the preview when fast forwarding. I thought it had just failed to record, but today when I went to watch tonights episodes, tonights wasn't there, but the missing tuesday episode was.

It seems like the recorded show's are not getting added to 'My Shows' until later on.

Any idea what's going on?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Namaja59 

I wonder if VM's channel changes affected Tuesday's Emmerdale. On Tuesday VM dropped the ITV SD channels (amongst other SD channel closures) and replaced them with HD versions.  I see you posted under the V6 forum so i can't see that being aaffected, but users on the 360 platform had to reset their series links from SD  to HD

I can't see any changes to the schedules for Emmerdale, so it should have recorded normally, but the broadcast of Coronation Street tonight (Friday) was cancelled due to ITV showing the FA Cup match between Man City and Arsenal.

Coronation Street doesn't normally broadcast on Tuesday's, there was however an episode of Coronation Street transmitted last night which isn't one of it's usual broadcast days (possibly due to today's sceduled programs).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello new apollo,

Thank you for your reply and insight, the tuesday suggestion makes some sense, however I realised I wasn't the most clear. I've realised now I was only ever talking about Emmerdale as Coronation Street hasn't had an issue,

I still can't work out why it would have done it with tonights episode, I've checked the free space and that is at 42%, so can't see it being that.

It may be some random bug as it's the first time we have experienced it in the many years of using the box & service.

Another thing I've spotted which may be relevant is the day which show's on 'My Shows' when picking the series, usually says which day's is the most recent, but for both the soaps they both say 'Mon' but when going in the most recent is Thursdays.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you're not recording these programmes.

@Namaja59 wrote:

It seems like the recorded show's are not getting added to 'My Shows' until later on.

I think your SL is set to pickup "streaming videos" which create VoD shortcuts.

This would explain the delay in the "recording" appearing, and also the lack of preview in fast forwarding.

Post up your SL settings here, and also what - if anything - is shown under Recording Hiccups for these programmes. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks