cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded programmes on ITV defaulting to ITVX

Tysaco
Tuning in

Trying to watch Corrie from “My Programmes” but I now only have the “Watch Now” option which takes me to ITVX meaning I have to sit through all the ads. Avoiding the ads is the reason I record most programmes and it’s driving me mad. Is there a way to stop this? 

9 REPLIES 9

1701-e
Superfast

Have you set a series record option for the show? Check your planned recordings list.

Yeah had a series link on them for years. Always recorded as normal but now I select a recorded programme to watch and it takes me straight to ITVX. Doesn’t do it for Emmerdale though. Both series links are the same, I’m baffled, 

roy247
Community elder

Hi Tyasco,

Don't want to seem picky on this but you said "My Programmes", do you mean you have pressed the "My Shows" button on the remote which would mean you have a V6 box or have you a 360 box where you need to press Home, Recordings, Recorded, View all. The boxes run different software so may result in different answers.

If you have a 360 box try cancelling the series link and set a new one using the advanced options, try "New Only" or "From this episode onwards".

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I currently have a V6 box until my 360 arrives and I meant My Shows sorry. I have tried cancelling the series link and setting up a new one but it’s still directing straight to ITVX when I try to watch my recorded programmes, it’s not happening on every ITV programme though so I suspect it’s something to do with my series link, although it’s been fine for years and I haven’t changed anything on the series link myself. 

V6?   Your series link may be on a closed SD channel.   Just delete and set up again.

Hello Tyasco,

Thanks for posting in regards to the ITV issues, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Have you been able to resolve this since posting following the advice from 1701-e? Please let us know, we're here to help.

Rob

No still haven’t resolved this issue 

Have you checked that your series link might be set for streaming only?   V6 has that option.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This post was in the TV360 section so users were rightly assuming this was regarding a TV360 box - completely different software to that which V6 runs. The post has been moved.

The V6 series-links offer choices to include "recordings only", "recordings or streaming videos" or "streaming videos only". A recording will always override a VoD shortcut, but if no recording is available, the behaviour explained in this thread is what can happen.

Also on the recording "watch now" screen, the option immediately below it will be to watch the same programme from any available VoD source. If that is the ITV-branded app, then ITV-X will appear in the drop-down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks