cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: v6 sound issues live/recorded tv

Weefifer
Dialled in

You are not alone, have the same thing but along with sound loss for a second it freezes the picture to. Sometimes it’s few seconds. It’s a pain, 4 engineers later, still the same. Fed up.

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Weefifer 

I've moved your post to a new thread, else that one is at risk of becoming more "me too" type posts, where the underlying issue is likely specific to your installation and/or kit somehow.

With that in mind, and since I don't think you've posted about this before, can you clarify whether this sound issue...

1: Affects OnDemand or streaming services?

2: Affects live TV and the resultant recordings, in which case are there any specific channel(s)?

Is your V6 sound fed via any A/V kit, or just HDMI to your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Weefifer

Thanks for getting in touch with us here with your TV issues.

Would you be able to answer the questions from japitts as this will help us diagnose the issues that you're having.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, it can be any channel, recorded, live, streamed, watching a film. It just drops sound for a second then picks it back up. Sometimes the picture pauses too.

i have the v6 box connect to tv hdmi and I have a sound bar through hdmi arc. I have the sound bar & 2 speakers, grouped to give 5.1 (connected wireless), they are all Samsung, tv 9months old. It does it even if we just set sound to tv arc.

hope that helps

Done. Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Weefifer.

Does this happen if you don'y use the V6 like watching a DVD or terrestrial TV via the built in free view capabilities?

Regards,

Steven_L  

Sorry, don’t watch many DVD’s lol and only watch virgin media or prime

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @Weefifer.

What have the 4 engineers advised that the issues could be as I'm having problems finding any issues with your box or services at the moment?

Has your box been replaced at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Had both downstairs and upstairs boxes replaced, On upstairs one, if watching a recording it sometimes  freezes and then tells me network to slow, had different errors each time. Often getting kicked off WiFi on phone, tablet, drops WiFi for sound bar and speakers. Have now stopped the smart channel select as advised by one engineer, hopefully that helps. We have a booster upstairs, one of the old ones from virgin as it’s really poor WiFi when away from router in living room.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like part of your underlying issue is wireless, which isn't something VM have much control over.

The V6 does have a few options for checking the quality of your wireless connection.

1: Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right for the signal strength of the wireless connection.

2: Home > Help & Setings > Help > TV Care > TV Speed Test. This will check that your box's connection has the required speed for streaming services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks