cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error code A01

stuey2510
On our wavelength

just had new box installed last one stopped working. trying to run apps and getting the same error a01

8 REPLIES 8

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stuey2510, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you too are experiencing error code A01. Remotely looking from our end we are aware of this issue and it has been reported.

Can we ask if this is affecting all Apps or just the Netflix App?

Kind regards Jodi. 

stuey2510
On our wavelength

thanks for getting back so quickly it's all the apps 

literally just had the new box installed this morning 

thanks stu

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuey2510 

I've moved your post to a new thread, hope @Jodi_S doesn't mind but there's a few things in here I'd like to check too...

Firstly, I for one am assuming, but you've not said, are you using a 360 box? The previous thread you added to was regarding mainly V6s, but you've said you've just had the box installed which would suggest a 360 to me. The only V6's currently being installed are fault replacements & swaps from TiVo. Can you check here and confirm?

Secondly, both the V6 & 360 get their internet connection via your homehub, and if you've just had a new box installed, there's a very strong chance that problems with OnDemand, streaming apps or such like are related to the 'net connection not being setup. A further assumption would be that you're using wireless, because an Ethernet cable would need physically connecting. Again - if you are using wireless, then the process for reconnecting differs slightly between the 360 & V6 as this is a software process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stuey2510
On our wavelength

its the v6 box its a replacement for a broken hd

yes its connected to the home hub via wifi

ive tried reconnecting numerous times in last hour but get that its connected to the network but none of the apps work. i checked on demand and tried a program from there and works fine

Thanks for coming back to me stuey2510,

We appreciate how annoying this error is especially as you have only just had a new box installed.

Due to this I am going to take a further look in to this for you to see if there is anything else we can try to resolve this issue.

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, have you also tried a restart? It's the simple thing I know, but in the case of a new install problem, easily forgotten.

Do any other interactive functions work - red button or "watch from CatchUp" from a BBC channel, to shortcut to the iPlayer app?

Edit: Posts crossed with Jodi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stuey2510
On our wavelength

yea ive tried one program on catch up that worked fine just all apps other than netflix

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stuey2510,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue and for updating the thread.

Were you able to the the tips that my colleague advised via Private Message? Was this the reason that the program worked?

Do you have the V6 box connected to your Hub with an Ethernet cable? If not, can you give this a try to see if it'll work and help resolve your issue?

Have you rebooted both your TV box and the Hub as previously suggested? This can help clear any issues on the line.

Please give the above a try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs