Re: YouTube on tv not working

richard49
Up to speed

I'm using the V6 unit.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6.. lovely. You'd tacked onto a thread started by a TiVo user hence your post being split off into a new thread.

Connectivity is via your homehub, but it's the same for all internet-based functions on the V6.. do you have any issues with OnDemand or other streaming functions? If you're not sure... please try.

If that's proven, then we're likely looking at an app-specific issue and I'd want to know at what point between loading the app and trying to view a specific video, you have problems.

If OnDemand or similar doesn't work, then we have a connectivity issue and can advise accordingly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If I open up any of the other apps on my LG TV they work fine; If I open up YouTube it'll eventually freeze on me and then the other apps won't work and I have to reboot the TV to get them to work again. It's as if the YouTube app is affecting everything else by using too much memory (just my thought on this).

I have removed YouTube from the TV, rebooted and reinstalled YouTube but still get the same result.

I hope that helps? 🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately no, it doesn't help at all because you've mentioned that you're using apps on your TV directly - this has nothing to do with Virgin Media apart from them providing the internet connection to your TV.

I therefore need to ask whether your problems with YouTube are when you're accessing it on your TV directly, or via your V6 box - because if it's your TV app, again - nothing to do with Virgin Media except that being your broadband connection,.

If we're trying to troubleshoot the YouTube pp on our V6, then forget your TV apps - they're irrelevant. All the tests in my previous post are to be carried out on your V6 directly.

If the problem is with an app on your TV, then the most we can do is ask the make & model of your TV and/or point you towards your TV manufacturer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think the 'penny has finally dropped'; I'm using the Youtube app installed on my TV, not the Youtube option within in the Virgin menu system.

I've just opened Youtube through the Virgin menu and it appears to be working just fine; it must be the YouTube app on the TV that is at fault.

Interesting....

Thank you for your prompt and very welcomed help though, it's appreciated.

Hi @richard49, thanks for your post although I'm sorry YouTube isn't working for you.

Thanks to @japitts for intervening early here, and getting to the root of the problem - that it's the actually the App on your TV that's at fault, rather than your V6 box.

Despite this not being Virgin Media's responsibility due to the problem raised, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further concerns in the future and we'll happily do our best to help here.

Many thanks

Tom_W