cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin suddenly asking for a pin

wibble59
Dialled in

I’ve never been asked for a pin before when i’ve tried to watch a post watershed recording pre 9pm … until yesterday.

And i’ve had virgin media since it used to be telewest.

13 REPLIES 13

Hello wibble59.

Sorry to hear you are not happy about being asked for a pin when watching watershed content.

It can also be if non 12+ rated content was shown after 9pm, it goes down on the time it was broadcasted.

I'm afraid We can't transmit (or re-transmit) any programme or film rated higher than 12+ out of watershed hours without the viewing PIN being locked on.

Gareth_L

Stepheninleeds
Rising star

I have a similar issue, which is annoying but you deal with it. I can sometimes have to enter a pin for a specific programme, if I continue to watch the same episode later I may not be asked, other times I am. This is always before the Watershed.

I have the same issue as the original poster too, but not on all programmes that have content unsuitable.

I sometimes wonder why the discrepancies, but just enter the pin. I have checked my settings, to no avail.

So basically, some people are happy that the parental controls “option” doesn’t actually work at all.

There are no kids in my house yet i’m now forced to have to enter a pin for some random collection of post-watershed programs even though i’ve selected no parental control.

hmmm

I am not happy having to enter pins when I too have no young children in the house. It is made harder by the fact I have poor eyesight & mobility disabilities.

I accept it because there is no choice in the matter. I just wish it was consistent at least.