cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin TV not working

DaMentalOne
Joining in

I'm having the exact same issue.

Roughly the same time frame too.  Some channels work, a lot dont.

Some have artefacts all over the screen making them unwatchable (5USA is a prime example)

Others just show an error saying there is an issue.

Come on Virgin, get your finger out...

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaMentalOne 

I've moved your post to a new thread, it's also different to that of the other user. It sounds to me like you're reporting picture pixellation and/or breakup. Any error message would have a code associated with it - is that W02 by any chance?

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Had an engineer out on Tuesday.

Checked all internal cabling, and confirmed that this was an external signal issue.

Then went to the distribution point outside, and ran teats there too - still showing low signal, confirming nothing inside causing the issue. 

Next day, a network engineer came out and resolved the issue 

Cheers,

DMO

Hi @DaMentalOne,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I do apologise for the issues you've faced with your TV services recently, but I'm glad to hear that these have now been addressed and resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can help you out with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!