cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box info banner

Oops2
Tuning in

One year on from this topic being posted and still no response from anyone at Virgin Media. Not only does this banner interrupt the programme being watched (and obliterating any on-screen subtitles!), it also prevents the programme rewind function from working. I already know what programme I'm watching, so I don't need an on-screen reminder! And if I'm so bored with the programme I'm watching and want to know what's next, I'm perfectly capable of pressing 'OK' on the remote to display the mini-guide.

Message to Virgin Media: I pay good money for your service. This has been a bug-bear for some time now, so SORT IT OUT!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than drag up an old thread, I've moved this to a new one.

The pop-up banner you describe really isn't a bug IMO, just a feature of how the TiVo software handles a programme changeover.

It's not going to change, with all of VM's development focus now on 360. I've no idea whether 360 works the same way but that may be an option for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you change channel on TV 360, there is an info banner which is a mini guide which you can scroll through.

If you do nothing, it disappears after a few seconds.

It can be removed immediately by pressing the back key.

It’s not seen at any time without initiating it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The issue I describe may well not be a bug; indeed, I suspect that Virgin Media in its wisdom intended for this banner to appear in a given set of circumstances. My point is, it is very clunky, it is not helpful and it is an irritant when it appears (for the reasons already stated in two of my previous posts).

It should not be necessary to upgrade to the latest Virgin 360 software (which was offered to me bundled with a more expensive package) in the vague hope that this issue has been fixed, and I don't think it unreasonable to expect Virgin to be more responsive to their customers' concerns. I first raised this topic some while ago before Virgin were offering the 360. Nothing was done then to address my concern and, it seems, nothing is being done now or is likely to be done.

My suspicion is that the Virgin empire has become so big that complacency naturally follows. Not a fan, I'm afraid. I could, of course, switch suppliers but I sometimes like to watch TV when it's wet and windy!