cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box and very poor HD picture

stobbsie
On our wavelength

I’m facing the same issue I switched to sky and as soon as I turned on the sky box my TVs picture was amazing but came back to virgin as sky’s broadband was too slow and after plugging the v6 box in ugh 😩 forgotten how utterly rubbish the picture quality is ,Netflix picture 10/10 amazon picture 10/10 then literally every single tv channel wether 1080p or uhd is horrendous ….

it is not your tv settings ,it’s the v6 box and virgin knows this but virgin does not care about there customers.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stobbsie wrote:

Netflix picture 10/10 amazon picture 10/10 then literally every single tv channel wether 1080p or uhd is horrendous ….

How about OnDemand programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stobbsie
On our wavelength

It’s literally anything through the virgin box but if I load amazon or Netflix through the tv then the picture is brilliant. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I took your previous post to mean that streaming apps via your V6 were ok, but linear channels weren't.

If all output is affected, that does strongly suggest an issue with your box or video config.

What's your video output set to, and have you proven the HDMI lead & ports as good?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stobbsie
On our wavelength

Settings are 2160 and 2160 pass through and 1080p I have spent many hours researching the best settings but none seem to work I have the original hdmi that came with the box I purchased a high speed 4K and 8k cable and the picture is the same with each  , I would like to  add Ive been with virgin for many years and the previous TiVo box picture was great and virgin know of the issues with the v6 .

Hi stobbsie 

If you use the 8K HDMI (not essential but worth a try) ... Port 1 first.

Then set the V6's Video Output Format to 2160p manually, or allow the V6 to Auto Detect, (if your TV is 4K then it should normally set to 2160p only)

Does it make any difference to the picture at all?

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus