cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 box and very poor HD picture

Shadla1987
Tuning in

I'm having these problems too on my lg oled. It has definitely got worse recently to the point where I started watching a programme I'd recorded on the v6 box on bbc 4 and the picture was that bad I thought I'd set it to record on sd. I ended up watching it through the iplayer app on the TV for a much better picture. Don't get me started on sports either that takes the problem to a whole new level. Have virgin even acknowledged there is a problem yet?

3 REPLIES 3

Shadla1987
Tuning in

I too am having the same trouble. I'm using an lg OLED55BX6LB and the picture quality is terrible across all the sky channels. There is a massive difference between bt, bbc, itv sport coverage compared to the sky offering. I've tried changing all the video outputs on the box and tweaking settings on my tv but nothing makes a difference. For the price I'm paying each month I expect far better. 

Shadla1987
Tuning in

I think it's getting worse.  I'm out of contract so I'm seriously thinking of getting out. If I could get decent broadband speeds through sky I'd have already left

Thanks for your post @Shadla1987 and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing on Sky Sports in HD.

Do you experience this across all HD channels from Sky Sports, or just particular ones?

Are there other channels broadcasting in HD that also produce a poor picture?

Is there any possibility you're able to load up a picture of the broadcasting of poor quality?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn