cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V210 catch up and on demand not working

clarissalomax
Joining in

Ive been having the same issue for a few months now. Reset box checked wires are connected the correct way and still having this problem. Please help

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's better to start your own post explaining your issues, than add to someone else's, I've done it for you here 😉 

With that in mind... let's check the basics.

Which box do you have, as they do connect differently. If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clarissalomax 

Is your V6 connected to your hub via ethernet cable or WiFi?

Ethernet is the best method if possible.

If you are connecting via this method have you tried a different ethernet cable, or  checked the ethernet cable with another device?

In case the V6 has lost the internet connection you could also use your V6 remote and go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media TV service now.

If you are using a 4K TV it's also worth checking you are using a  High Speed HDMI cable, preferably HDCP2.2 compliant. 

Also check the following:- 

Press Home on your Virgin TV remote >  Help & Settings > Settings >  Video Output >  go to Video Output format

These usually show the display format as2160pand2160p 24/25/30fps (pass-through) selected.

Try changing them to just 1080p and see if that resolves the issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've tried all the options you mentioned and still no catch up or on demand... Error code V210 on both .

I bought a new Ethernet cable and still the problem persists.

Thank for taking time out to help me.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @clarissalomax 

Have you followed the online help for  https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/V210 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the network connections screen previously mentioned, does your V6 show an IP address in the top-right, and regular 6hourly connections success on the left?

Are you able to load and use any of the streaming services? If all else fails, try loading the YouTube or iPlayer app via the apps menu - does this work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes it shows up address and connection success. 

None of the iplayer options available, unable to access YouTube Netflix etc. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the simple fix of restarting your V6? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box

If you're getting this problem after a restart and with the connections showing good, then you will need VM to intervene.

You can either wait on here, which might take a couple of days, or call in on the usual number.

Thanks for your post and updates, clarissalomax,

Has rebooting the box with the new ethernet, got your box back on line?

Cheers,

Corey C