cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unwatchable pixelated/stuttering on BBC4 and Sky Arts (HD)

Bizmuth
Tuning in

I’ve been getting this problem on my V6 box a well for some time now. Tried a reset but nothing changed. Is her a I’d?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than add "me too" to someone else's thread, I've moved yours to a new post 😉

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bizmuth, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having a pixellation issue. 

Checking our systems at this end, I can see input levels and error code are both really high. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bizmuth,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I don’t know what happened to it but it seems to have fixed itself. It was unwatchable for ages, then, all of a sudden it’s fine? No idea what happened there. How’s my signals and errors looking now?

Hi @Bizmuth, thank you for getting back to us to let us know!

Glad to hear you are no longer experiencing this issue, and the technicians appointment was no longer needed on this basis. 

All signals coming into your home are now looking good! Please do get back in touch if you have any more issues so we can offer further support. 

All the best. 

Molly

• Yeah, I don’t know how it magically fixed itself after months of poor signal. Though BBC1 is now a bit off sometimes and it never used to be. 

Hi Bizmuth,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear your BBC 4 and Sky Arts HD issue is fixed, although we aren't sure how, you have advised you are now finding issues with BBC1, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you, I can see you have more than 1 box, is this happening on other boxes?

Regards

Paul.

Not really noticed it happening on the upstairs box, though we tend to use apps more than normal virgin tv. 
the downstairs box (D06A-Living room) seems to be getting worse. More channels such as Discovery and BBC news are starting to get pixelated. It’s intermittent but happening fairly regularly. Might need the engineer out after all. Funny how BBC4 and Sky Arts cleared up though. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message to confirm some details 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.