cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo box is making annoying buzzing noise

Clairepne
Tuning in

My TiVo box sounds like it's ready to take off.... It's buzzing and making a high-pitched noise too... It's a in a well ventilated place....  I've turned it off and on again thinking it might of been this problem but the buzzing kept going... The box came on took a while then the menu came up then it just went off... Now the box isn't doing anything .. I can't even watch TV and let's face it I mean it's not cheap to have virgin media..... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds horribly like the hard drive has died and your TiVo will probably need replacing. There's 2 ways you can report faults..

1: Calling in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

2: Waiting on here for the staff team to pick up, this might take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds horribly like the hard drive has died and your TiVo will probably need replacing. There's 2 ways you can report faults..

1: Calling in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

2: Waiting on here for the staff team to pick up, this might take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply.... 

I contacted virgin and they won't replace the box I need an engineer to come out... Only I work and can't say when they can come due to my job... So now I'm paying for a service I can't use... I'm really considering getting rid of virgin now... One unhappy customer here...

But really thank you for your help I appreciate it.

Hi Clairepne,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry we've not been able to arrange an engineer visit suitable for you, when you are available please let us know and we can reschedule this.

Alex_Rm

I'm a nurse who works long shifts and never available so I'm paying for a service that's not even getting used and I'm so fed up with it .... I'm not happy that the guy I spoke to wasn't helpful either he wouldnt even listen when I said I'm a nurse who works long shifts just kept dismissing it..... I'm actually thinking of cancelling my contract with virgin ... I don't get why I just can't have a new box sent out.... And I'll set it up myself..... 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clarify, do you have a V6 or a TiVo? If you're not sure, check on this page - the thread is in the V6 section but all references have been to TiVo.

Although it makes no difference to the fault diagnosis, the replacement process certainly differed at one stage and may well still do. If necessary I will make some enquiries "behind the scenes" via the VIP avenue - but confirmation on your box type would be needed first.

It's a TiVo box and thank you very much 

Hi Clairepne, 

Thanks for your coming back to us on this one. 

We understand that having an engineer around can be quite inconvenient but I'm afraid we're not able to just swap the box. 

Our engineers are available Monday - Friday: 8am - 12pm, 12pm - 4pm and 4pm - 7pm and also Saturdays: 8am - 12pm and 12pm - 4pm so there is quite a wide range of times of when they can come to the property to do the work. As well as this, as long as the person at the property is over the age of 18 then it doesn't have to be you who is there so if you have a friend or relative, they can be there to let the engineer in. 

We can also book the appointments in well in advance so if you're aware of a day off you have coming up then we can accommodate this. 

I will send you a private message to get the ball rolling on this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Clairepne, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm really sorry to hear the circumstances but in order for us to deliver you a working service, an engineer is required. I understand it may be difficult but as mentioned there is a wide range of timeslots available to book from. 

If you would prefer to cancel, the account holder would need to call the team on 0345 454 1111 so the team can start the disconnection process. There is a 30 day notice period and if you're within the minimum term then early disconnections fees may apply. The team will check this and inform you on the same call though. 

Please let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs