cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV showing only static.

Marco68
On our wavelength

I have this exact same issue for the second time now. After arranging for an engineer to visit the last time I cancelled when it just resolved itself. Today I have the exact same thing again. Did you find a way of resolving it?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's better to explain your issue than to add "me too" to a much older post.

What's the issue you're having with your VM TV service?

Is this affecting live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Marco68
On our wavelength

The box only shows white static. Nothing works. Turning it off and on again reveals the welcome page then eventually it goes back to what static. It’s the box as I have two v6 boxes and the other is working fine. Broadband, tv and phone all working fine. It’s not the input to the tv either as otherwise the welcome page would not show. I’m stumped. As I stated this happened before. I called customer services who tried to fob me off but I carried on until they agreed to send an engineer. However, after about 6 hours it returned to working normally so I cancelled them. This was a couple of months ago and now the same issue again. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marco68 wrote:

The box only shows white static. Nothing works. Turning it off and on again reveals the welcome page then eventually it goes back to what static. It’s the box as I have two v6 boxes and the other is working fine

Possibly a video output issue, or at the very least that's something to eliminate.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output (I'm quoting that from memory, I may be slightly wrong) and you'll have options to run an auto-test of the video output formats.

Worth a shot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be worthwhile swapping the boxes around as well.

See if they both work in the other locations, then you are narrowing down if it's  a box isssue

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Marco68
On our wavelength

Thanks guys. Ended up disconnecting the hdmi  from the tv and then connecting it again, which appears to have resolved the issue. 

Hi Marco68

Thanks for the update and glad to hear the issue has now been resolved by disconnecting the HDMI cable. If you need support in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via the forum.

Rob