cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV pic glitching since recent VM work in my area

j-4-1
Tuning in

Hi Nat

I've had the same problem since the beginning of this year...

tried all the troubleshooting advice, called the helpline but got cut off. Are you able to help at all?

Cheers,

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please start your own thread rather than adding to someone else's 😉

I'll give you the same advice as the poster whose thread you replied to....

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi mate, sorry wouldn't let me reply on the orginal thread

Had to get an engineer out - turned out that the work that Virgin had done on the network in my area had boosted the signal coming into my flat, and it was too much for my old TiVo box to handle. Engineer came out and turned the signal strength down, that sorted it.

If you've got an old Tivo box, deffo work contacting VM, and mentioning this, especially if Virgin did some work in your area around when you first started getting problems. And tap them up for some compensation or a discount for loss of service.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MattHiFi wrote:

And tap them up for some compensation or a discount for loss of service.

But remember VM can't fix problems that they don't know about. So give them a chance to fix things in a reasonable time first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

Please start your own thread rather than adding to someone else's 😉

Ah sorry, new here - literally as of this evening! 🙂 Thanks for the above - I’ll give them another ring tomorrow.

Thank you mate really helpful to know.

Will try and get in touch with them tomorrow and mention all this then,

🙂 Cheers!

Hi @j-4-1

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is your service today? Have you managed to speak to our team as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Sadly no luck yet. I'm trying the online chat service today... I'm 2 hours in! hopefully get somewhere soon

Jai

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @j-4-1,

Thank you for the update, I located your account but your TV box is showing as unreachable. Is it plugged in at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide