cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stuttering Recording

Philnock1
Joining in

I have the same problem but I've saved lots of programmes and films over the years, will I lose everything.

• Stuttering happens on all recorded programmes please help
3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Pleased be advised that recordings are not meant to be permanent and VM does not provide the means to copy recordings to an external device from the V6 onwards. On the plus side it seems to me that Catch Up has increased considerably over the years.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Philnock1 

It sounds very much like the hard drive is failing.

You will need to call in and speak to faults.

As advised by @Roger_Gooner you will lose your recordings and series links so make a copy of the series links to make it easier to set them up again.

You can call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member for the Forum team may pick this up  for you, however due to bank holidays it may be 3 or 4 days before they respond to your post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Philnock1

Sorry to hear about the above issues
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L