cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound out of sync

hansi
Fibre optic

I am having problems with sound sync. Sometimes when I switch on, it's completely out of sync. The TV is connected to the box by HDMI. If I reset the box which takes ages, it corrects itself until the next  time. I have checked all the sound settings advised in these posts, but doesn't seem to make any difference, just have to keep re-booting the box!

12 REPLIES 12

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hansi, 

Thanks for your post.

Can you give us some more info? What box do you have ?

How long has this been going on?

What TV do you have ?

Do other devices plugged into the tv work fine (ie PlayStation, box, firestick)

Zoie

It's a V6 Box, the TV is a 40" Samsung UHD. There is a DVD player connected and that works fine.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Have you connected the box to another tv to see if it's the box that's the issue or the box and your tv's compatibility?

Have you ever had its replaced?

How long has this been going on?

Zoie

Haven't connected to another tv as it's upstairs and I'm an OAP so i can't move it. The box has not been replaced, and I'd rather not go down that route if possible as there are a lot of recordings on it. It only happens occasionally but very frustrating.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this post to a new thread..

@hansi- Do these problems affect live TV? If so, any specific channels? Or OnDemand? How about streaming apps?

Can you try swapping the HDMI ports on your TV, between the DVD player and your V6 box? See if the issue remains.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've swapped the HDMI ports but I don't know if it makes any difference because the problem is not there all the time, so it's very difficult to know. At the moment it's on live TV. Seems to be ok on apps, but it happens infrequently so it's going to be difficult to diagnose. Thanks for your interest.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry about this. If you do change your mind please let us know

Zoie

It's just done it again. Again I have to reboot the box! Arghh!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hansi,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

How are you getting on with your sound issue? 

Is this happening on specific channels, or at random?

Have you checked that all cables coming into the TV and the TV box are all tightly secured? 

Keep us updated.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs