cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung TV & V6 Box

HL2021
Tuning in

So our neighbors recently switched to Virgin and now we have no access to the virgin icon on TV, so can't watch any terrestrial regular channels i.e. BBC, ITV, CH4. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?  We have disconnected/re-connected the hub box and TV, should we re-do the whole set-u process?  Not sure how to remove the HDMI / V6 as stated below.  Am not very tech savvy! 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm unsure what your neighbours having VM installed has to do with your setup, but all the same.

I vaguely recollect that some Samsung TV's have a shortcut icon of some kind - but all you should need to do, is to select the relevant HDMI input on your TV, to the port that your V6 is connected to. You then watch the channels you want, on your V6

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HL2021,

Many thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're having issues at the moment with the V6. 

Just to confirm, have any changes be made to your package recently which may have affected any of the services you have access to? Are you also using a Samsung TV currently as per the title of the thread?

Thanks, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should just be able to select the correct HDMI source that the V6 is connected to.

If you want the Virgin icon back you can try the following 

On the Samsung Smart remote, press the ‘Home’ button which brings up the Smart Hub. Next, scroll left until you see the ‘Source’ box (it’s a box with an arrow pointing to the right, inside the box). Then go up from that icon and you should be on the Virgin Media source (a round icon with a blue tick on the top right. It also says ‘Virgin Media’ underneath it). Click up on the remote and you’ll then see an option which says ‘Add to Home’ which will then give you back the VM icon across the bottom of the Smart Hub. 

Info courtesy of deans6571 from this thread smart-TV-Virgin-icon 

There's further help if you need on the rest of that thread from deans6571 and BenMcr

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali