cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problems with picture breaking up, pixelating.

Gibbo5
Tuning in

Hi,

What channels are your pictures breaking up on Suzyd1 ? I have just phoned VM because over the last week or so I’ve noticed picture breakup (randomly) on Sky Sports Premier League channel watching the Egypt v Morocco game on the 30th Jan and yesterday trying to watch the Winter Olympics on Eurosport 2. I have two V6 boxes running Virgin 360 but only one box was having the issue and the other box was fine. Cables and connections all checked and no problem.

Are any VM people aware of any issues in Lincoln area ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than adding to someone else's thread, it's better to start your own. I've done it for you 😉

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. If you have multiple boxes in your home and only one is affected, this would tend to rule out an external fault so I'd suggest swapping the 2 boxes around. If the problem follows the box, then that points at a box-fault, if not then you likely have an issue with your internal cabling.

You'll then need to report the problem - 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gibbo5, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having pixelation problems with your TV.

It looks like you've already spoken to us directly on this issue, can you confirm that you've at the very least received updates on the progress of getting this fault fixed?

Many thanks

Tom_W