cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixelated tv

ML_52
Joining in

Hi, I have been having this problem for months now, very frustrating. Been in contact with VM Who ran some sort of test and got me to change the video output setting to 1080p, it seemed to solve the pixilation at the time but a couple of days later it started again . They said they would monitor it but the problem still exists. Will be cancelling very soon if I don’t get a positive response to this.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ML_52 

Better to start your own post than add to someone elses 😉

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to fault-fix. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061.

If issues persist and there's no area issues, you can call-back, or wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ML_52,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with pixilation. 

I have been able to locate your account and I'm trying to run some tests but the system isn't able to connect to your box(es), please can you confirm that your equipment is plugged in and powered up?

We may need to send a technician out, if we cannot communicate with your equipment.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes all plugged in a currently working 

When I said working I meant on but still pixelated 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ML_52

Thanks for getting back to us, I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that unfortunately your TV service is currently impacted by an SNR outage. We have identified the problem and an engineer is working to get this resolved now.

The estimated fix time is currently 18:00pm on 05th July.

Please do let me know if your picture is still pixelating after 18:00pm today.

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you for replying so quickly. Just a quick question, has this fault been a problem for a while as this pixelation has been a constant issue for months now?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Happy to help @ML_52

The SNR Outage was reported today. If you are still experiencing pixelation issues after 18:00 today, please do pop back on here and let me know. The issues could clear up once the SNR Outage has been fixed, but if not, I am happy to book an engineer visit for you afterwards. Please do keep me posted!

Kind regards,

Serena

Thank you @Serena_C

I will keep you posted, what is an SNR outage?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping me posted @ML_52

An SNR outage is outage occurs when the receiver power value falls below the threshold and the network is impacted by very low or very high signal-to-noise ratios (SNR)

Kind regards,

Serena