cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pin code

ALF28
Super solver

V6 TV box

I also often get that message to enter a pin, so end up not watching the channel, what a nuisance to assume that all households have children, there should be an opt out.

I noticed supergirl has that message so have never watched it ,must be only for children?

Also the greyed out programmes on the EPG tv guide are not in my package, but my wife who has vision problems often types in a wrong channel number and it says click ok to subscribe, which I would not want to do, but if you click ok you can not subscribe, it says ring VM to change your package, just can be confusing when this happens as the channel number does not normally show if flicking through channels. My wife is baffled by this and I have to move channel to get rid of the message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've never understood why entering a PIN is such a major issue, but regardless - if you see it that way, then fine but your complaint is with Ofcom not VM. It is they who have made daytime PIN protection an industry requirement for pay channels broadcasting age-restricted content during the day.

The EPG is as much a shop-window for all of VM's channels as anything. One of the functions with TV360 is that you can set profiles to show & hide channels as you see fit, if you are finding unsubscribed channels a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've never understood why entering a PIN is such a major issue, but regardless - if you see it that way, then fine but your complaint is with Ofcom not VM. It is they who have made daytime PIN protection an industry requirement for pay channels broadcasting age-restricted content during the day.

The EPG is as much a shop-window for all of VM's channels as anything. One of the functions with TV360 is that you can set profiles to show & hide channels as you see fit, if you are finding unsubscribed channels a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks,

I can do the pin Ok but my wife has vision issues so can not enter pins and struggles with the remote.

I once used a pin for an app and was charged twice and did not even watch it, but got that one refunded.So in some cases using a pin will incur charges as I found out.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The PIN is the means by which additional purchases - PPV events, adding channels through the menus etc - are authenticated.

The alternatives are a free-for-all, or a blanket "you need to call in".

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ALF28 

To make things easier for your wife you could always set up Favourites.

Your wife can then access them by pressing Blue button on the remote.

To set up your Favourites
Press Guide and then move to the channel you want by pressing Up, Down or Channel Up/Down as usual
Then press the Play button to highlight the channel name. and press Thumbs Up to add the channel as a favourite. Or, to remove it from your
favourites list, press Thumbs Down

You can always change the default pin from 1234 as well. Perhaps change it to 0000 ?

Select Home > Help & Settings > Parental Controls then enter your current PIN. and select Change PIN. and enter your new PIN

You can always reset your PIN back to 1234 again afterwards by repeating the above or by going to  Home > Help & Settings > Help > TiVo box  > Reset my PIN.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Alf 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear your concerns with your PIN and particularly due to some accessibility requirements from your Wife. We can arrange for an accessible remote to be sent to you if you feel this would be beneficial? Please just let us know and I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get one sent out! 

Huge thanks to the community for their correct advice already regarding how to change your pin.

If there is anything else specifically you feel we could help with please let us know and we will do our best to support with this! 

All the best 🌞

Molly

Thanks for the posts,

The advice on pin numbers was good and I will change the pin number to make it easier.

I would be interested in the accessibility high contrast V6 remote, my wife has vision issues and has AMD and reading problems and at present is using an old remote from an older box VHD that still works with the V6  and just uses channel numbers  and volume buttons, I use the V6 remote myself but she has not managed that,.with it being more compact,

So send me a PM please, and would the accessibility remote  be free?

I have looked at the sight loss section in accessibility and printed that off.

I have looked at previous posts-

Large button TV remote - Virgin Media Community - 5176851

If it is still available please advise, I will look out for your PM purple envelope.

Hi there @ALF28 no problem I'll be happy to help and will send you a Private Message now. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.