cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Outage: Freezing/Blocking Pictures - F009649078

Coles86
Tuning in

I can’t watch any channel at the minute due to this! This has been happening for a week now, I’ve tried to contact virgin through the chat to be told know available technicians, I don’t know what to do, I am paying for something I cannot use. I am also having issues with my broadband constantly going off, I’m really not happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Coles86,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I have looked into this on our system and can see that there is an issue with the signal levels going into your TV box and there is also an issue with your upstream power levels with your broadband connection and both need a technician visit to resolve them.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread, it's the better way to get help on these forums 😉

Firstly your broadband problems - can I recommend you start a new post in the speed section - other users who're familiar with that side of things, may not pick up your message here. Either way - put some details and you'll get some help.

In terms of your TV problems...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Coles86,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I have looked into this on our system and can see that there is an issue with the signal levels going into your TV box and there is also an issue with your upstream power levels with your broadband connection and both need a technician visit to resolve them.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @Coles86 and please let us know how the visit goes, if you get chance.

Regards,

Steven_L