cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No On Demand or Catch Up

Bickers
Tuning in

Did this ever get fixed, Dot8?

I have the same problem. Since we’ve had the box, neither On Demand nor Catch Up have ever worked whereas everything else works perfectly including Apps (iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon etc), TV channels (all show in the list with full details) and ads (box loads up with different ads - including for box office stuff which if purchased can’t then be watched!).

We’ve forced multiple restarts over many months. Diagnostics all clear. Ethernet connection at 150mbps.

On the top menu, it’s always shown error code V273 next to On Demand and Catch Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've disproven an internet connectivity issue here, and I concur this is likely to be an account-related issue that will need VM to intervene.

There was a suggestion further up in the thread that your box appeared to be off. This could be part of the issue, or it could also be your power-saving settings.. Under (and this is from memory at the moment) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving. Make sure that "Eco low power" is not selected, and if you have power-saving on, that you use "Connected low power".

Eco low-power disables remote access, connected low-power does what it says on the tin.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread.

@Bickers wrote:

Since we’ve had the box, neither On Demand nor Catch Up have ever worked whereas everything else works perfectly including Apps (iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon etc), [snip]

On the top menu, it’s always shown error code V273 next to On Demand and Catch Up.

The TV channels aren't carried over the internet, so that doesn't prove anything. The fact that streaming apps work proves the V6's internet connection, I suspect the Vxxx code indicates an account specific issue.

If you wait here a few days, VM staff should be along and can hopefully pick this up. Or you could call in - but I suspect waiting may ultimately be easier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bickers thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Unfortunately, this error code doesn't seem to exist within our database so can you kindly provide a screenshot of the error in question so we can look into this further please?

Additionally, we're unable to run diagnostics to the TV Box as at the time of writing, it appears to be turned off so if you could turn this back on too so we can run this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for responding. Please see attached screenshots (noting that Google reveals many many other people reporting the same error code).

The box will be switched on overnight.

Thanks for investigating, Paul

72FCAB9A-1ECA-4580-9870-BAB0E93AE00E.jpeg

008107E2-983E-4AB1-9565-6EFA258197E2.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you try a couple of specific bits...

1: Using the backwards TV Guide, find a (non-BBC) programme that has the CatchUp logo, and choose "OK" to "Watch from CatchUp". What happens?

2: Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does it show "connected" in the top-right, and a successful timestamp in the previous 6 hours on the left?

1. On choosing “Go to Catch Up”, the screen blinks and simply returns to the list of channels in TV guide.

2. Yes, it shows connected via Ethernet and a successful time stamp of 2138 this evening (i.e. 50 mins ago). See attached pic.

4CEAA0E4-CDEC-4AAB-BEAE-05A4DB578304.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've disproven an internet connectivity issue here, and I concur this is likely to be an account-related issue that will need VM to intervene.

There was a suggestion further up in the thread that your box appeared to be off. This could be part of the issue, or it could also be your power-saving settings.. Under (and this is from memory at the moment) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving. Make sure that "Eco low power" is not selected, and if you have power-saving on, that you use "Connected low power".

Eco low-power disables remote access, connected low-power does what it says on the tin.

Noted with thanks. I have now changed the setting to “Connected Low Power” so that VM can run diagnostics remotely.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Bickers,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your TV.

I checked the system and it automatically booked a tech for you, please can you check you online app? So you can check if the date and time is okay for you?

Let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Before an engineer visits, please can you confirm that my account settings have been checked? i.e. have On Demand and Catch Up services been enabled on my account without restriction?

Noting that I have proved there is a good internet connection and that all other online and TV services are working, I see from the forums that others with this error code and/ or issue had engineers visit unnecessarily. I have read of at least one instance where the entire V6 box was replaced and that still didn’t fix the issue because it wasn’t the tech or connection but an account setting at Virgin Media’s end.

Please confirm. I’d rather not call out an engineer unless we know it’s worth them coming 🙂

Thanks