cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HD Skysports Bad Quality picture

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi shadla1987,

I've noticed a decrease in the images on Sky Sports over the last couple of weeks ... The HD channels look flat, dull even ... The usual sharpness, crisp bright colours, simply weren't there. 

I switched between 501 (HD) & 511 (SD) while watching live football, and I could hardly tell the difference. In fact, had someone else been doing the channel changing I would have been hard-pressed to say if I was watching HD or SD ... It was the same watching NFL on 507 & 517, there didn't seem to be anything distinguishing 'High Definition' as we expect it to be. 

Let's hope VM can sort this out as people are paying for HD, not a poor imitation.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1701 

I've moved your post to a new thread.

What's your video output settings configured to? And what's the make & model of your TV?

Football's not my thing, but poor pictures on Sky Sports certainly isn't something I've experienced - so your comment about not being able to tell between SD & HD tends to suggest something else might be awry in your case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts ,

My Video output is set to 2160p ... Both my TV's are LG, a 65" and a 55" and both are under 6 months old.

I don't tend to watch that much football either, but I'd noticed a couple of weeks ago that the picture didn't seem as good as normal, almost as if both channels were broadcasting in SD. Though since I did a full reset the other day all seems well, as with my previous sound issues.

I compared Channel 501 HD & 511 SD (cricket) and the HD looked fine.

I compared Channel 505 HD & 515 SD (golf) and the HD looked fine there too.

The difference was clear, eg: the Sky logo on HD crisp, the picture had brighter colours, sharp images, where before it was slightly blurred, and looked like the SD channel usually looks like. Of course, as I said on the 'Crackling' thread you helped with, if the issue returns I will update whichever thread as required.

I'm almost convinced that the complete reset, clearing & deleting everything so the V6 has to download clean software has resolved the issues I had. But we'll have to wait and see.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus