cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HD Skysports Bad Quality picture

djmagnifique
On our wavelength

Sky Sports Mix HD is the same and E4 HD was bad earlier.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@djmagnifique 

Have you got problems with your TV service?

I've moved your post to a new thread, as it sounds like you're reporting issues of your own.. are you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts Yes I am having problems with the picture quality however I don't need a new thread starting as I was only commenting on the other post to advise that it is not just a problem with their display.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The post you added to appears thus far, to be a single user with issues and doesn't seem to be a widespread fault.

Exactly the same as your issues seem to me, based on what you've posted thus far.

Can you explain what the problems you're having with your picture, are?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DanMck commented that he was having the same issue so it's not a single user with issues.  You have also commented on a couple of other posts by other people with the same issue but on different channels (BBC4 HD, BT Sports).

This is from Channel 5HD but the issue is the same on some other channels and is more evident on HD channels.  The issue has only started for me today.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/czq1emn4rwvo3tq/DSC_1970.JPG/file

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The other user you've referenced would ideally have started their own thread rather than adding to someone else's, the video you've helpfully posted has all the hallmarks of a pixellation fault.

Pixellation issues such as this are - in the vast majority of cases - caused by signal issues on your individual equipment or installation. If one single reboot doesn't rectify this, then you have a fault that will need further investigation by VM.

Edit: You've mentioned this is happening on "some other channels" - can you be more specific? There may be some commonality without your realising. Digital TV channels are broadcast in clusters which don't always match their EPG positions, and a fault affecting one will usually affect all the channels on that multiplex.

I've posted similar advice on many threads because the same advice applies to each. Poor signal on digital TV tends to cause pixellation issues, and this often occurs downstream of the street cab on your individual equipment or cabling.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @djmagnifique,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some TV picture issues.

Have you taken a look at our TV Faults page to see if this issue can be rectified at home?

Which channels are impacted by this issue? Please let us know, as @japitts asked. 

Please keep us updated on this so we can look into this further for you.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Most channels have now gone back to normal. I am still getting some break up on BT Sport but no where near as much as before. Sometimes a extremely very infrequent break up on other channels (once or twice a day)

Channels that were previously effected were BBC1HD/BBC1, Dave HD/SD, SyFy HD, Sky History HD, Sky One HD/SD E4 HD/SD and Channel 5 HD/SD. When it was effecting both HD and SD versions of a channel, the SD version had a lesser amount of picture break up. There may have been other channels that were effected but I didn't have time to check them all and stuck to ones that I tend to watch..

Virgin have been doing some work on the network in my area recently (Teesside area) and a local FreeView transmitter has suffered fire damage recently but I wouldn't expect that to affect non FreeView channels.

Thanks for the update djmagnifique,

We really appreciate it. Glad to hear majority of your channels have returned to normal bar the exception of BT sports, which is still experiencing some pixilation as you have advised.

As you posted on Wednesday, can we ask how things have been over the last few days? We have done a quick check from our end, and all seem OK so far. 

Please can you let us know if the problem is still persisting? 

Kind regards Jodi.