cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Green screen TiVo box

eileenallison
Up to speed

been having the same issue now on and off for the past two weeks, lost count of the many 3 hours waits I have had to wait, sometimes it comes back on, but only for a couple of hours, when turning off at night I'm greeted in the morning with the welcome page then switches off then the green screen, will now get onto virgin and report it as I'm paying good money for bad service, this is my second box in a matter of months, always seems to happen after an update, they thought they were doing me a good turn by giving me the tivo6, hahahahaha funny not, now I suppose I will lose all my recordings.............

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please start a new thread, rather than adding to someone else's, I've done it for you 😉

A green "DVR has detected an error" screen message does unfortunately mean your hard drive has failed, and any recovery is very likely to be short-lived.

A V6 is a much better box than the TiVo - it runs the same software, but is much better hardware. If you got a swap from TiVo > V6 via the faults process, you did well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @eileenallison

Thank you for coming back to us.

I have managed to take a look over things & I can see that you have had an engineer yesterday, did they manage to get this resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M