cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error code C233

1stviolin
Tuning in

I now have this same problem, it's been occasional and intermittent in the past but this evening I've tried rebooting the router and the TiVo box and still that C233 error code appears. 

4 REPLIES 4

1stviolin
Tuning in
When I checked network settings it said signal 62% good so I don't see why it should still give me the fault code

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than adding "me too" to someone else's old post, it's better to start your own... it's been done for you 😉

With that in mind, do you have a TiVo or a V6? They run the same software but are very different with internet connectivity. C233 is often a connectivity error, so let's check now... this page has pictures of the boxes if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's a V6, have had it a couple of months to replace a TiVo that kept pixellating 

I tried rebooting everything but couldn't get rid of the C233 error last night (at one stage could see recordings again but not the apps) 

However this morning it seems OK having just checked

I'm aware that because of the position of the TV relative to the router we are working on Wifi rather than an ethernet cable which is not ideal but we do have a WiFi extender in the same room. 

I presume it's just the general flakiness of the Wifi signal sometimes in the evenings - in the end we will have to resort to using Netflix etc via a laptop and Chromecast, but for the amount I pay every month to Virgin it shouldn't be this messy.... 

Hi 1stviolin,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm pleased to hear the error went away for you on Friday but I appreciate your frustration. I understand that your TV box is not very close to the hub, however we would recommend using an ethernet cable to connect your devices wherever possible. You also have the option to connect your TV box via ethernet cable to your WiFi Pod as this should definitely improve things.

Do let us know if you experience any further issues from here and we'll be happy to help.

Beth