Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 603

DIGIDOUG1
Tuning in

Hello everyone.

ERROR CODE 603 V6 BOX

I have tried everyone's suggestions above and nothing has worked. I have called Virgin support numerous times.......

I also have a Samsung Frame as per the earlier email; perhaps that is part of the problem? However, my second V6 box is connected to a Panasonic and it gives the same 603 code.

Everyday for months I have to reboot the box to get on demand.

Do I give up and go back to Sky?

Thanks to all for the previous suggestions

34 REPLIES 34

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly it's much better to start your own thread than add "me too" to someone elses - that way, replies can be specific to you. I've done it for you 😉

Error 603 usually occurs with 4K/UHD TV's in one of 2 scenarios..

1: Someone between your V6 & TV, something isn't HDCP2.2 compliant. A quick test of this is to drop your video output to 1080 (where no HDCP issues exist) and see if the problem clears.

2: If a reboot clears the problem, only for it to recur later, I wouldn't bet against an HDCP issue, but quoting the specific model numbers of your TV's may be helpful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DIGIDOUG1 

Error 603 is generally due to the HDMI cable not being HDCP2.2 compliant or if using a switch to connect HDMI devices that either the switch itself is not compatable or one of any other HDMI cables attached to the switch.

Do you have Ultra HD 4K TV's? If so ensure the HDMI cables are HDCP2.2 compliant  as above, also try connecting to different HDMI ports.

You should reboot the V6 each time you change ports or HDMI cables so the changes are recognised.

If the TV(s) don't support HDCP2.2 then you need to change the video settings on the TV box to output in HD.

1. Select Home
  2. Select Home and Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Video Output
  5. Select Video Output Format
  6. Untick the box 2160p resolution and make sure the 1080p box is ticked
  7. Select Continue
  8. Press Thumbs Up 3 times to save the new settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jaigee
On our wavelength

Like you, after weeks of frustration and trying absolutely everything advised, I cured it by rebooting to get "On Demand" etc. working temporally and then immediately changed the V6 Power Setting to "Always On".

The problem seemed to be when the box came out of either of the "sleep" modes.

Undoubtedly Virgin will recompense us for the small amount of extra electricity used in solving this for them! 🤔

Thanks japitts
Thanks also for the Newbie help!
I have bought several leads and none have cured it. I have also dropped the output to 1080 in the past.
I am going to try to leave the V6 box permanently on as someone else has suggested.
Digidoug1

Thanks jaigee
I will try it!!
I have tried everything else everyone has kindly suggested.

Hi DIGIDOUG1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with V6 box. 

Has the advise provided by the other community user been able to assist you?

^Martin

Hello Martin

I have dropped the output to 1080 and rebooted. Unfortunately it still comes up as error 603.

I am at a complete loss here and will go back to Sky as I just cannot face any more months of having to reboot for every viewing session.

Thanks

Digidoug

jaigee
On our wavelength
Hi Digidoug,
It took me a few power downs, (i.e. turning off at the mains) to get on demand working again temporarily, I then changed the power setting to "Permanently On" and all OK since.
I am on a couple more forums and people report it has worked for them?
Strange?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Digidoug1,

Welcome back to our community.

I'm going to drop you a PM given that the above settings have not worked.

We'll need to go over some details and attempt to resolve this for you. 

Thanks,

Kain