cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 603

smartn
On our wavelength

Do other people still get this problem with Samsung OneConnect and Virgin? Really fed up with it now and will be ditching Virgin as soon as my contract expires. Never had any issues with Sky!

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@smartn 

What's the problem you're having? You've replied to an old thread about Error 603, but in what circumstances are you getting this error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

smartn
On our wavelength

All on demand content produces this error on both of my Samsung TV s with one connect boxes. Reboot box and ok for about 24 hours.

jaigee
On our wavelength

I have been plagued by the same VOD 603 error for months. It is not a HDCP2.2 or porting issue as Virgin suggest but a V6 problem which I have finally solved after trying everything possible over time.

Power down the V6 completely and restart, this usually brings back VOD, albeit temporarily. You may have to do this a few times to get it working. Then set the Power Option to "Always On" (there is little difference between power consumption in any setting).

Mine has now been OK since doing this pointing to the problem occurring when the V6 comes out of Stand By.

Hope this helps.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@smartn wrote:

All on demand content produces this error on both of my Samsung TV s with one connect boxes. Reboot box and ok for about 24 hours.

Just for elimination purposes, make sure you have 1080 output enabled in your video settings. If there is an HDCP issue somewhere in your chain, this should at least enable the workaround and prove a point.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

smartn
On our wavelength

I've previously tried setting everything to 1080P and still get the error. I've tried new cables. I've tried putting it through a HDMI splitter. None of this appears to make any difference. I will try changing my boxed to stay powered on permanently as the above suggestion would make sense as the problem always goes away following a reboot for however long I use the box and then would re-appear next day or after box has been in standby. I am concerned about the environmental impact of this and the cost of my electric bill as I have 4 boxes in total so would probably just have to put up with it and reboot every time I want to use VOD but it will be an interesting test. 

smartn
On our wavelength

Jaigee - I will definitely give this a go thanks. Does worry me however about the extra unnecessary electric this option would use.

jaigee
On our wavelength

You will probably use more power than you save with all the re-booting. 😊

smartn
On our wavelength

Have looked into the power consumption and it does look like the V6 box is pretty good actually. If this works then I guess I'll just burn more energy until a fix appears if it ever does.

jaigee
On our wavelength

smartn:

Did it solve the problem?