cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DVR has detected a serious problem

RD00752
Tuning in

Our V6 box did the same this morning.  Followed the instructions in this thread, went through the obligatory trouble shooting over the phone including 2 different ways of powering the V6 on/off.  Result engineer arriving Monday.  I’ll be disappointed of he/she doesn’t have a replacement V6 on the van!

Thanks for the advice.

PS.  Once the availability of cheap solid state storage chips improves, hopefully a V7 box won’t have a slightly less reliable hard disk to fail!

Bob

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hardware is identical between the V6 & 360, so there won't be V7 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RD00752 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your hard drive on your V6 has gone.  Please do keep us updated with how the tech visit goes?

Regards

Lee_R

VM engineer arrived around 9am, agreed it was time for a new Tivo box. Installed box and updated software by 0930.  Also checked the cable entry sockets - we have one for TV and one for broadband.  Broadband was the new type so OK, TV was old type so replaced the protective fuse (in case of lightning strikes apparently).  Good job and new box now working fine.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's brilliant to hear @RD00752!

If you do have any more issues regarding this, you can always pop up on the forum and we can run through some further checks 😊.

Thanks,

Kain