cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 5 catchup only audio description

dpwolves69
Tuning in

We have had this same issue with C4+1 for some months.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off permanently, and I can see the issue has been brought up a few times now.

33 REPLIES 33

Hi Kath,

I did notice also that when you do a google search for terms such as channel 4 audio description it seems to come back with a number of results and also links to posts on the VM forum. I messaged someone else on here in Stoke who posted about it as well.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Audio-Description-c4-continuos/td-p/3982154/page/...

The above was another post I found.

Junier2010
On our wavelength

I;m getting De Ja Vue, audio description everytime I change to channel 4+1, I made a post about this earlier this year now the problems back with avengance

Hi @martyp, thank you for getting back to us. 

The issue has now been raised under reference F009548618 and is under investigation. We aim to have this fixed as soon as possible!

All the best, Molly. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

I've done a video showing the issue as below:

https://we.tl/t-1uhzq27z2z

Process steps in the video:

Start on Ch4+1 (142) showing Channel 4 News with AD on and turn it off in Info
Go to two other channels to check AD
Type 142 to go back to 4+1 showing Channel 4 News with AD back on again and turn it off again
Switch to another channel showing it off
Switch back to 4+1 showing it on again and turn it off
Turn the box to standby with it off
Switch the box back on with 4+1 showing it back on again

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martyp,

Thank you for coming back to us. The ticket mentioned before has now been closed. Can you come back to us and let us know if this issue has been resolved?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry still the same for me...

Just turned the box on, it went onto another channel, switched to 4+1 and it was on.

Switched to 101 and back to 4+1 and it stayed off but then tried a different channel then back to 4+1 and it was on again.

I turned it off on 4+1 and did a restart of the box (with the thumbs down and last channel button) and it was back on again.

Turned it off, changed channel, went back to 4+1 and it was on again.

Junier2010
On our wavelength

No change either for me here in Stoke, 

142 turn off check is off, goto another channel return AD back on, scroll from 141 back to 142 after turning AD off and is back on.

No matter what method whether it be through yellow on, entering channel number to navigate to , 142 AD still turns back on of its own accord.

Still the same for me, sounds like the incident/ticket was closed but not fixed.

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you via this thread, is this issue still ongoing?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, still happening this morning.

One odd thing is that sometimes I switch the box on in the morning to Channel 4+1and it says something like the channel is unavailable for a second then the message goes away and it's ok but audio description still comes on with the first programme that supports it.