cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Channel 5 catchup only audio description

dpwolves69
Tuning in

We have had this same issue with C4+1 for some months.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off permanently, and I can see the issue has been brought up a few times now.

33 REPLIES 33

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread - the one you added to was almost a year old, and you seem to have a different issue.

Is your issue on broadcast TV channels or OnDemand? The thread you replied to was about C5-OD, but you've referred to C4+1 which is a broadcast TV channel.

We can probably help, but need to know what your issue is first 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It is C4+1, the same as the previous comment.

Every time we use this channel, audio description is turned on. I can turn it off, then switch channels and go back and it is back on.

I have tried toggling it off and on a few  times, and also going through the menu settings, but it still keeps coming back on.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this only on C4+1, how about any of the other C4-channels - C4-SD? C4-HD? 4-Seven SD/HD etc?

Have you tried toggling AD off/on using the audio settings menu? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Alternate audio

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

In reply to the thread yes it's only on this channel. Have tried toggling it on only to return back to the menus again not remembering the settings and reverting back to audio description on. I am unable to actually turn them off there is no option to do so. I have searched believe me! 

I have also reset the box and done all the "have you turned it on and off again" stuff. This isn't an end user issue this is a box receiver issue and can only be sorted from Virgin media end 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the input, but it was @dpwolves69  who "started" this thread, and they who the previous suggestions/questions were aimed at.

By all means please muck in with suggestions, but anyone else seeking assistance with their own issues should start a new thread detailing it. Otherwise "me too" posts are the result, and the original poster gets too easily forgotten.

Wow what a way to respond. 

The original poster in this thread replied to a comment on my thread which was moved AND my original thread had been lost in the archives and was actually forgotten (!) until some one else took the time to see if anyone else was having the same issue and mine never got resolved. I truly hope @dpwolves69 gets their issue sorted and isn't bombarded with 'me too' comments.

Good luck it's a technical world now and systems don't work how they used too. O really do hope you don't have to put up with it like I have for the last 4 years🙄😏

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The original post by alexdubarrygurr is at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Re-Channel-5-catchup-only-audio-description/m-p/45... and isn't archived although admittedly hasn't been responded to since January.

@dpwolves69  - if you're able to try the suggestions in my post-4 above, that will be the next thing.

Hi,

Yes, I did also try going through the menus and toggling AD on and off.

I will check the other channels you mention to see if they have the same issue and get back.

Thanks

Hi all, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the audio description coming on and resetting when watching Channel 4+1. 

I had another user a few days ago having the same issue but there were no other reports of this coming through. @martyp 

I have double checked in with the mods and they have advised there isn't anything open for this specific issue currently however to raise it with the team we need 5 examples. As it stands, we have 3. For now, there isn't much more we can do for now as we've not been able to replicate it this side.

@japitts - can I ask, if you see any new posts on this, can you tag me in them so I can get the details and raise this further?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs