cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t receive some radio stations

butcheragano
Tuning in

I have had the same proble now for 10 days, all BBC radio fine others not . Tried all obviuous

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@butcheragano 

Rather than add "me too" to an old thread, it's usually much better to start a new one and explain what your issue is.

With that in mind, what's the problem you're having and what have you tried? No-one on here knows what "tried all obvious" includes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@butcheragano 

Rather than add "me too" to an old thread, it's usually much better to start a new one and explain what your issue is.

With that in mind, what's the problem you're having and what have you tried? No-one on here knows what "tried all obvious" includes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @butcheragano,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with receiving some radio stations on your V6 TV box!

Would you be able to advise what self-diagnostics you've carried out already? This will help us avoid repeating tests. When did this issue first occur? Have you ran diagnostic tests on our TV Faults page

I was able to locate your account on our system and after looking into this issue further, I can see that you are impacted by a Utilisation issue in your area. This could be the cause of your ongoing TV issues.

The outage is estimated to be fixed on 13/07/21 at 12:00. Please reboot your equipment when the outage is set to be fixed, and see if this issue is still impacting you.

If it is, we'll be able to look into this further for you.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thhanks for that , I have ran the diagnostic tests as suggested and I will await for the estimated fix time

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using the radio "channels" on the V6 (901 upward), then these are broadcast channels & are not internet related, so any utilisation problem will not affect them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Hi Paula

The problem still exists and I can see that the expected resolution time has been moved forward. When I log into My Virgin media it does mention a known  problem with my tv service but there is nothing about lack of radio stations being recieved

Is this all related ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can we perhaps re-group here, and double check what the actual issue is? As I understand it - you can't listen to radio channels from the V6 EPG, although I'm not clear what's happening, or whether you're getting any error messages/codes on-screen.

Can you post a screenshot of the "TV problem" you're seeing on the (presumably) online status page? And is anything reported on the local status line - 0800 5610061?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @butcheragano 

I have just taken a further look over the account and can see that there is currently a broadcasting issue that requires and engineer visit. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can confirm your address.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry @butcheragano 

I have just tried to send the PM but It seems as though you have PMing turned off, please could you turn this back on so I can arrange the engineer visit.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

I called yesterday to your telephone support team and was told that an engineer could not be sent until the known outage was resolved. Now you are offering to send an engineer . Im rather confused..