cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BT Sport picture issue

Zoraquin
Joining in

I am also having poor picture on the sports channels. I have rebooted and checked other channels and the problem still persists. Are there any further fixes? Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you potentially have a couple of issues here.

OnDemand services don't use the same TV signals as your live broadcast channels so problems there would suggest another cause.

But you've quoted a couple of channels that are carried on the same broadcast frequency, a fault affecting one would usually affect them all.

I'd either wait for the staff team to respond (might be a couple of days) or call into faults via the 150 route. Let VM run their remote checks and see what they turn up.

I suspect this will need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zoraquin 

You'd posted on a 10month old thread so I've created a new one for you.

What is the problem with your TV pictures - can you explain?

If the issue is channel specific, which channels? (Including SD/HD if appropriate)

And for clarity... which TV box do you have? Check here If you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hiya

The picture looks like interference, fuzzy blocks appearing all over the screen, sometimes the screen just completely freezes. We also lose audio when it appears for a long time.

having issues with Eurosport 2 HD and BT Sport HD.

Our box is the V6 Box 

Thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds suspiciously like pixellation which is often caused by a signal fault. Do you get any issues with OnDemand or streaming?

One box reboot is always a good idea with these things if you've not already. Also if possible, check Quest HD - it's on the same broadcast cluster as Eurosport 2HD and would be similarly affected by signal issues.

Which BT Sport channels in particular are affected - there's 4 of them.

Hiya,

yes same problem with on demand.

I’ve just been through the channels and the following are affected:

Quest HD, Eurosport2 HD, BT Sport3 HD & SkySports News HD

I Have done 2 reboots now and no change

Thank you!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you potentially have a couple of issues here.

OnDemand services don't use the same TV signals as your live broadcast channels so problems there would suggest another cause.

But you've quoted a couple of channels that are carried on the same broadcast frequency, a fault affecting one would usually affect them all.

I'd either wait for the staff team to respond (might be a couple of days) or call into faults via the 150 route. Let VM run their remote checks and see what they turn up.

I suspect this will need a tech visit.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zoraquin

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing picture and sound issues with certain channels on your TV, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

I would like to take a look at your account and run some checks, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena